Monday, 13 October 2014

Entry 4 - Week 5

The test has been this week's big focus, though I was pleasantly surprised to find it fairly simple and straightforward. It was really similar to the test from last year which we were provided for practice; having reviewed the practice test the night before, I was perfectly comfortable sitting down for this one. I'm feeling confident that I performed well this test, and hope that it will continue in the future.

I spent most of this week obsessing over and preparing for the test, so I don't really remember much else of what we did in class. I understood the tutorial on proof structures well enough; we've been doing a lot of proofs in math, which I think helped me to get in the right mindset. I actually found the tutorial material to be fairly interesting; in math, we've gone right into actually doing the proofs, while the tutorial took a more theoretical approach regarding the structure of a proof; breaking a larger proof down into several smaller components which each need to be proven through, then working through these components individually. I think this way of thinking about proofs will help me out in both classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment