Wednesday, 17 September 2014

First Entry

After two weeks in CSC 165, I am already noticing that there are very strong connections between the course material, and the material I have been learning in MAT 137. So far, both courses have put a lot of emphasis on universal and existential claims; what they are, and how to prove or disprove them. Often, I have been able to immediately apply what I learned in MAT 137 to the lesson in CSC 165, which has really helped me to understand the material in both courses; back on Monday, I learned about negation in math, which made today's lesson on implications, converses, and contrapositives much easier to grasp. We have also learned about claims related to the empty set, which I think will be very helpful in tomorrow's lesson about vacuous truth. I found the work in the tutorial to be pretty straightforward, so overall, I'm feeling confident in my understanding of the material so far, and eager to see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment